Easy Chicken Wings
Using my healthy chicken seasoning blend you can whip up this easy gluten-free baked chicken wings recipe at home. Gameday will have your friends raving about these wings.. It’s handy to have made a large batch of the Healthy Chicken Seasoning ahead of time. It’s is a lifesaver.
When you have to watch for multiple ingredient sensitivities, making homemade foods is the safest way for you to control what you are exposed to. If you have a problem with garlic or onion, swap that ingredient out for something else. Perhaps dried lemon zest would work for you.Jump to Recipe
I absolutely love lemon or lime zest in my cooking. It gives an unexpected zing to an otherwise unsuspecting looking meal. and it’s super easy to dry and save for later use. I prefer using organic fruit for this especially since we are using the peel. Give them a good wash before zesting. Using a grater, a zesting tool, or even a sharp knife and cutting the peeling into tiny strips and then into tiny bits. Set a paper towel onto a saucer, sprinkle the zest loosely on the towel, and let sit overnight. In the morning check for dryness. If it’s not dry enough yet, stir it, spread it out loosely again and examine it again by bedtime. This should be plenty of time. Collect your tiny bits, and transfer to a glass spice bottle and seal.
Choosing Chicken Wings
For this recipe, you’re going to want either fresh or frozen, unseasoned wings. Many pre-seasoned wings have ingredients we have to be watchful for. Breading which contains flour, or that mystery “spice and flavours.”
It’s handy if these unseasoned wings are already split for you, but splitting them isn’t difficult. From a defrosted or fresh state, grasp the thickest part of the drummette and using your knife, find the easy to cut through space between the bones at the joints. If you’ve found the right spot, it slices through pretty easily. If you’ve got the wrong spot, you have to chop through a bone. After a tiny bit of practice, you’ll be a pro at this.
I like to rinse all chicken I buy. It’s likely not necessary, but it puts my mind at ease.Print Recipe
Easy Gluten-Free Baked Chicken Wings
- Oven, or Toaster Oven. Bowl large enough to toss wings. Baking sheet, Parchment Paper
- 2 lbs Unseasoned Chicken Wings Separated segments, defrosted if the were frozen.
- 2 Tbsp Olive or Avacado Oil
- 2 Tbsp Healthy Chicken Seasoning Blend see link above
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry with a paper towel, place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the oil over the wings.
- Sprinkle the Healthy Chicken Seasoning Blend over everything.
- Toss with 2 spoons or your hands until everything is covered evenly.
- Spread the wings out on a parchment lined baking sheet, ensuring nothing is over-lapping
- Bake on middle rack for 50-60 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from oven and serve. If you find these are too oily, you can rest them on a paper towel for a few minutes.
I’ve served this here in this picture with a simple Healthy Tomato Cucumber Salad.
I hope you try this and love it’s simplicity. Of course you can use any gluten-free or keto dip you like, or add a gluten-free buffalo hot sauce. I prefer mine just as this recipe comes.
Please, feel free to comment below and let me know how they turned out for you.
Nutrition label for a Single batch of my Healthy Chicken Seasoning-Gluten-Free and Keto[/caption]